Our business is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information, by which you can be identified when using this website, be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the details described within this statement.
Janette Ray Booksellers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should regularly check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including an email address
- Information on collecting preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer offers
- What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best service we can and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improve our services to our clients
- We occasionally may send promotional emails about books and related material we have for sale, or to advise you of events we are attending or to provide you with other information, which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to ensure that your details are up to date and to make us aware of your collecting interests. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
Janette Ray Booksellers is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Their value is that cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
If you purchase books from us online, then data needed to process your order is shared on the host server, viaLibri Ltd. and WP Engine. These companies operate and host our website and have their own privacy arrangements. Furthermore, credit card payments are collected through Stripe, who provides our online credit card processing facilities. You should note that we do not have any control over these websites and therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites. They are not governed by this privacy statement.
Control of your personal information
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen for instance book fairs and events related to our business of buying and selling books and related published and manuscript material.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and its successor the 2018 The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Janette Ray, 8 Bootham, York YO30 7BL If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.