Handbook to the Cathedral Church of Ely with some account of the monastic buildings
Ely T A Hills no date after 1857, possibly c1864
Frontis, 104pp, illustrated in the text + 7 further fold out plates drawn by G Shepherd and engraved by W Large. + fold out at end showing the Arrangement of Subject in the East Windows by W Wailes 1857. Blue blind stamped cloth with gilt title on upper board almost entirely rubbed away. Signed on verso of end paper by Wm. Selwyn. Signed y Gavin Stamp on front paste down and also has his ownership ticket. Who book dedicated by the compiler to George Gilbert Scott who spent over 30 years working on Ely, his longest and perhaps most successful restoration. This is a revised and enlarged edition of an earlier handbook. The first edition seems to have been 1852 or 1853.