History Of The Parish Church Of St. Cuthbert Darlington
Wm. Dresser And Sons 1924
First edition. Coloured title page, 208pp Red cloth binding with gilt decoration on upper board of a cross. Very good copy. From the collection of the late Ronald Sims. The church dates from the early 13th century. It underwent a significant restoration by George Gilbert Scott and J P Pritchett who was from Darlington. The work took place in 1864-65. the book was written by his son. Herbert Dewes Pritchett (born 1859) joined hiis father in practice in 1880, and became a partner in 1900.