The Birmingham Guild Limited. Architectural and Decorative Metalworker
Birmingham The Birmingham Guild Limited nd c1930
128pp + pp, illustrated throughout with b/w plates. 4to. Original Cloth backed boards, Printed at the Kynoch Press. Lots of full page illustrations for objects and architectural metalwork, mostly with attributions to the designers who include, H S Goodhart Rendel, Jjohn Brunet & Partners, Sir Edwin Lutyens, C A Llewelyn Roberts, Messrs Deman & Son. Orientation of the book is toward Art Deco and modernist designs. Cloth a little dusty. From the collection of Henry J Sellers [ no signature ]. The Birmingham Guild Ltd grew out of the Birmingham Guild of Hanicraft. From 1923 it was based at Grosvenor Street West where it had a factory. For most of this time it appears to have been operated by two brothers Hugh and Llewelyn Roberts .