Original Photograph of Chirk Castle Gates Detail of the upper parts of the gate showing the armourial shield
Landscape format. 235x160mm. Made for a magazine article in Horizon Magazine. The magnificent iron gates are dated 1719 and bear the coat-of-arms of the Myddelton family of Chirk Castle. They are the work of the Davies Brothers, Robert and John of Croesfoel Forge, near Bersham, Wrexham and were erected between 1719 and 1721. Pencil note on verso in Edwin Smith's hand writing noting location.