Original Photograph of Chirk Castle Gates
Portrait format, 160x235mm. It illustrates the wrought iron gates with landscape park behind. The photograph was taken for an article in Horizon Magazine. The magnificent iron gates are dated 1719 and bear the coat-of-arms of the Myddelton family of Chirk Castle. They are the work of the Davies Brothers, Robert and John of Croesfoel Forge, near Bersham, Wrexham and were erected between 1719 and 1721.