12 Print Views Scottish Exhibition Glasgow 1911
Glasgow T & R Annan & Sons, 518 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow 1911
8 x 6 b/w views of the exhibition buildings and their setting including on single sided card mounts; Decorated wrappers, ribbon tied. Images include The Palace of Industry and Palace of History, Old Scotch Street, Pagaent of Historic Ships etc. What is distinctive about these images is that they, almost without exception, include people at the Exhibition as part of the scene. The exhibition followed the lead of the previous two exhibitions of 1888 and 1901 and took place at Kelvingrove Park. The land is still used is now a park. The legacy of the exhibition was that profits from the fair were used to fund the establishment of a Chair, at Glasgow University in Scottish History and Literature. T. & R. Annan & Sons, established by Thomas Annan in 1855 were official photographers at the Glasgow Exhibitions of 1888, 1901 and 1911.