Elder Park Govan: an account of the gift of the Elder Park and of the erection and unveiling of the Statue of John Elder
Glasgow: James Maclehose and Sons 1891 (for private circulation)
(89) 206pp illustrated with photographs by T and R Annan and Sons. Map and line ills and chomo lithos also. Small 4to. Full red morocco, gilt lettered. Marbled end papers. Superb commemorative production for the opening of this park, gifted by the Elder family. Elder Park lies in the district of Govan, which is on the south bank of the River Clyde. The park was designed by John Honeyman in 1883-4 and opened in 1885. Originally Fairfield Farm, the park was donated by Isabella Elder in memory of her husband John Elder and his father David Elder. The park maintains its position as an important asset to the local community for a long time.